Tailor made software built to enhance, not constrain, your processes
Tailor made software has multiple advantages in terms of flexibility and scalability. Consider just three of the many benefits to custom software development:
- Implement your vision
Tailor made software allows your vision as an entrepreneur to instantly
translate into results without the inhibitions inherent in generic industry software.
- Eliminate clutter from the workspace Off-the-shelf software is intrinsically complex because it is built
to be used by any company. Your enterprise will not even necessarily
benefit from all the available features. The users end up with a cluttered
workspace and the feeling that they understand maybe 20% of the system
they now use every day.
- Evolve in order to stay ahead Custom made software, built with the right technology and mindset, will allow
you to add future components at the right time. This allows your software to
scale with your brand.
Custom assistance, training, and support
A lot of off-the-shelf software has predefined documentation and training. That training does not offer precise answers to issues users encounter. Instead, users learn the "best industry practices" and the software manufacturer’s opinions about how to do the job.
Usually, generic software products have a one-sided concept of the industry’s business processes. The software is designed to drive these processes. As a result, the enterprise has to adjust to the processes of the software manufacturer. Conversely, custom-built software is driven by the process already in use at your company.
When new software enters use in an enterprise, most of the time, there is a learning curve. You can speed up the learning process if the employees themselves are involved in building the software and can share the perspective of the end-user. What we've found is that there is often greater acceptance for new software that has included user input during the design and development processes.
During the identification process, a developer will identify problems that are unique to your users and will find custom solutions to meet your business needs. That is something that you will never find in a generic, off-the-shelf program.
Enhanced user experience through web technology
In the current technology environment, web applications have evolved and permeated all aspects of life. Multi-billion dollar companies like Google and Facebook invest tremendously in developing tools to make web development more efficient. The goal? To enhance the user experience!
What are the advantages of web applications?
- Seamless updating: You don't have to load new software on all your devices every time a new update is released. No devices will lag behind. Storing business applications in a central location ensures no mismatching between different app versions. It also allows you to be certain that all users will get new updates released at the same time.
- Portability: A web app can be used on any device. Whether you want to put your dashboard on a big screen TV or a mobile device, it is possible. We can be sure that any device that will appear in the near future will run a web browser.
- Consistent behavior: Sometimes, desktop implementations tend to be limited by the user interface. Graphics, controls, lists, and the like are either custom made (which might pose a UX problem) or simply outdated. Web user interface technology has advanced way beyond the capabilities of any desktop technology.
- Built-in flexibility: Is your software prepared for change? Desktop technologies are old and inflexible. Often, the development tools are no longer supported. Companies adopting installable desktop applications could end up with systems that cannot be updated.
- Uniform setup: Consolidating the system into one unified web application will allow your employees to do their administrative tasks from any device, without any prior installation necessary, by using secured communication protocols to protect your company‘s data.
- Good scalability: Compared with a desktop or installable program, a web application can scale up to meet your business needs and any possible short-term spikes. If the application is hosted on the cloud, scaling the app is just a matter of adding more computing power and memory or adding more server instances. Then, after the spike has passed, you can scale back down to cut costs.
- Responsive user interface: Using a modern UI framework allows us to develop a responsive user interface, meaning it will automatically adapt its size for the user’s device. It can work for a mobile phone or a tablet.
Custom software development evolves in the direction dictated by your business, not the other way around
Often, companies adopting new software end up transforming their processes to match the system. Off-the-shelf solutions have a fixed mindset about how a particular job should be done.
Custom software lets you decide the best way for your brand to do business. You can implement your vision and develop the user experience.
Custom software development, therefore, will give you the ability to differentiate yourself in the market. The uniqueness of your software allows you to solve the problems in an individual way. Ultimately, this gives you a competitive advantage that may result in greater productivity and sales.
A customized product can implement custom behavior and special requests over time.
Being up to date allows flexibility to adapt to the latest trends
As such, it is important to be able to keep your product on trend with new philosophies in usability, performance, and accessibility.
- Integration with other tools and platforms: Usually, all enterprise software and cloud technologies are able to integrate with a server-side web server through REST services. We can use this to offer new functionalities outside the initial scope.
- Improved performance and responsiveness: Each action that is executed within the application can bring a quick response without having to reload the page for every action a user would perform. This can be accomplished by developing the platform as a single page application. A modern implementation can allow features such as live notifications through the browser when important events happen. It also enables potential future integrations with other platforms/services, such as social media or calendar systems.
- Optimization of user experience: Our MS SQL consultants can optimize the user experience by ensuring rapid retrieval of data from the cloud. This is why you want consultants with database experience as your custom software design team.
Having a custom web interface software developed with the right functionalities for your specific business will allow your employees to accomplish more work in less time, improving their efficiency. Making sure that the software is designed to evolve as needed and integrate with other platforms in the future can be a winning strategy.
For your custom software development, we encourage you to hire experienced developers who use the most modern framework. Dot Net developers or Alpha Anywhere developers are in a great position to help you bring your business into the modern world with customized web applications.
In addition, if you have an old ms access application we can convert your access into a web based solution and will assume most of your business roles and add new upon request.
In short, you run a unique business, and it deserves more than cookie-cutter software applications. Tailor made software meets your brand’s specific needs and will improve the performance of your users. That can translate into productivity and increased revenue!
For more questions don't hesitate to contact us at: 732-536-4765.