Develop Messaging System for Multi-Tenant Application
Multi-Tenant Database Application for Sending Messages Or News To Thousands of Users
Hey, I am Eric from the Farber Consulting Group Inc., providing custom software development and database cleansing since 1992 and Remote DBA services as well. In addition, we provide database design services to fully optimized your database. Will be talking about the Multi-Tenant messaging system as a software that was developed by us, and which is being used for over 250 independent locations.
The Farber Consulting Group’s Multi-Tenant Database Application
Does your business service multiple clients? Do you need a database that can store all of your client’s information separately while providing each customer with access to a central messaging center? Do want the ability to send alert messages or news to individual clients or many clients at once? Then a multi-tenant database application is perfect for you!
Check this video to get the idea how we implement custom software development for the Multi-Tenant application.
What Is a Multi-Tenant Database Application?
Let’s begin by defining what a multi-tenant database application is:
- Tenant refers to a group of users that make up a particular client. So multi-tenant means multiple clients will have access. The means we are talking a database that can message users from one or multiple companies.
- A database application refers to either a web or mobile app that allows users to access a database. The fact is that you do not want each client having access to everything in your service. They shouldn’t be able to access private files. And they should not be able to see another client’s private data. Systems like this are often referred to as Software as a Service or SaaS. So how does the system work?
The fact is that you do not want each client having access to everything in your service. They shouldn’t be able to access private files. And they should not be able to see another client’s private data. Systems like this are often referred to as Software as a Service or SaaS. So how does the system work?
A Custom Software Development Solution
The secret lies in our custom software development services that allow you to assign each client a Client ID. In turn, you can provide access privileges specific to each user, and based on their credentials the system will extract their client ID. In other words, each user receives information based on the company they work for and the database filters their access based on the unique Client ID giving to each user.
An Online Message Center
When every company using the service needs to receive the same message (we can use system maintenance as an example), the service provider sends out the message and every user from each tenant or company receives it. In addition, the administrator from each company can send messages to every user that is a part of that company’s tenant or user group. The message center can be used by the top management in order to manage all news or any message.
Alert messages initially pop up as an alert. Then, on subsequent visits, the user has access to previous messages. However, an alert message can be set to pop up again at particular intervals to ensure an important message is not missed. When maintenance is about to begin, users are automatically logged out.
A Commercial Framework for Customized Applications
Because the multi-tenant database application was developed with commercial purposes in mind, the code is good for a variety of businesses. It can be customized to meet the needs of your specific company as well as the needs of your many clients and the individual users each client brings to the table.
How a Multi-Tenant Application Works
- The messaging system is already in use at over 250 companies, each with varying amounts of employees. This is a tested and true solution.
- The system alerts users to maintenance and automatically logs them out when maintenance is about to begin.
- Each tenant (all of the users from a single client) can run maintenance independently.
- When a user logs in, they can see all messages that apply to their tenant or group of users.
- Alerts can be set to pop up at specific intervals, but an individual user can also check the list of existing messages rather than waiting for a dialogue box to appear.
- Multiple messages can be created and sent simultaneously. Messages can be tested allowing you to see what the user sees in real-time.
- A message scheduler allows you to control when messages are sent and received.
The Benefits of Our Multi-Tenant Database Application
- Alert Thousands of Employees Quickly – Within moments, you can send messages to thousands of employees within a single business or across multiple businesses. Messages can be customized so that the font and color catch the attention of users.
- Kills Messages Fast – Does a message need to be shut down quickly? The service provider can observe all existing messages from the message center and quickly kill any message as needed.
- An Online Message System for All Your Clients – Messages can quickly be sent to all company employees by the company administrator. The service provider can also send fast alerts to all of the tenants.
- SMS Capability – You can send SMS to your clients and each of their respective users or you can select one particular client and message their users only.
We Used MS SQL 2014 database server as the back end:
We used MS SQL 2014 for the back end, and the idea is to have a profile record per each company so this way you can keep track of any activity.
Additional Technologies We Use:
For this development we used Alpha AnyWhere software development and designed the database while using xCase data modelling tool. With the xCase tool we perform Reverse Database Engineering for MS SQL or any other databases.